Consumer advice

Getting legal advice or finding a lawyer

Although the Consumer Panel cannot provide legal advice or find a lawyer for you, several organisations can help find advisers who will specialise in your type of problem:

Getting Legal Aid advice

You may be able to get Legal Aid to help with your problem. You can use this website to check.  It will help you contact a legal advisor if you are eligible for Legal Aid, or find other sources of advice if you’re not.

Complaining about your lawyer

If you have a complaint about the service you received from your lawyer, you should first make a formal complaint to your lawyer or law firm. Tips on how to complain to your lawyer are available on the Legal Ombudsman’s website.

If you are not satisfied by the way in which your complaint was dealt with by your lawyer of law firm, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman. You can do this by calling 0300 555 0333, emailing or writing to: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.

If you think your lawyer may have not conducted themselves in the correct manner, you should contact the body which regulates them listed below: